it's a sad world


Two different girls, two different worlds, and yet the same sad atmosphere it creates. The first picture was taken in a white Thai minority village in northern Vietnam, the other picture was taken near the Cheung Ek killing fields near Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The sadness of both pictures strikes me. Both girls are living in poverty, brand marked by their history. Sometimes we just don't realize how lucky we are to live in an industrialized country, where our only concern is what to wear the next day. Imagine somebody not having the choice what to wear cause their only clothes is the clothes they wear, sometimes only a t-shirt, if they're lucky they'll have shoes. On my trips to numerous countries I have seen many children, usually happy and always smiling, even in India, the poorest kids welcomed me with a smile, curiosity on their faces. Not these two kids. I will never forget the sadness in their eyes and it will remind me on how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment