rusty junk




I particularly like these images since they only show an extract of the actual object. The top two pictures were taken on a horse farm near Wernigerode, Germany. The bottom pic was taken at a dump spot in Iceland. I don't know whether it's illegal or not there, it definitely should be though. People (I suppose it was the owners of the nearby fishfarm) were just dumping their old objects (fridges, tvs and all sorts of metal pieces) and left them to rot in the countryside. I am not complaying, since it offered me the opportunity to get some really nice shots with rusty objects in a green environment, but it still made me sad. Rust is just a really nice warm color with the right lighting and it creates the feeling of the momentariness of objects, left and forgotton.
I like the symmetry in the middle picture, and the leaf breaking that symmetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment